ECS has processed millions of medical records through our secure mail center. Our mail center has detailed processes to ensure PHI protection at all times. Every piece of mail is logged, scanned and run through quality assurance. All records received are available for download within 24 hours of receipt. ECS has detailed shredding and documentation destruction policies.
- ECS coordinates expected ship date(s) and receipt date(s) with the site.
- The site selects its secure mail delivery option in accordance with the site’s security and compliance policies.
- To protect PHI, ECS security policy suggest mail receipt of charts be kept to a maximum of 15 charts per site (but we can accommodate any number of charts via mail).
- Upon receipt, ECS personnel in the secure mail processing center log the delivery, quality check the chart(s), and scan the chart(s) into ECS’ secure data center.
- ECS securely destroys all paper charts mailed to the secure mail processing center in accordance with ECS security policy and procedure.