After recovering charts to be audited, many companies struggle to review charts in an efficient, streamlined manner. Their current choice is to either outsource medical record review to a third party or to perform the review in-house.
Health plans that perform in-house reviews often deploy a patchwork of manual processes supported by Microsoft Excel or Access to manage their chart audit data. Health plans that manage their coding process stand to add hundreds of thousands and in many cases millions of dollars to their bottom line annually by using CodeStream.
CodeStream is the only tool in the marketplace that allows health plans to cost-effectively, simply and thoroughly manage their chart review coding process. CodeStream, is a web-based application that enables coders or review staff access from any location.
- 100% web-based tool so no installation required
- Ability to customize based on type of audit or review project
- Simple, intuitive interface requires very little training
- Ability to capture all ICD-9 codes
- Scalable and production proven
- Low cost and easy to implement (1-4 weeks)
- Reduces cost per chart coded by 30-50%
- Enables identification of missed opportunities
- Integrated with ChartFinder providing end-to-end view of project status